Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Rose in His Garden

We so often go through life asking "God am I headed in the right direction? Is this the plan You have for my life? We have this need in-bedded deep with in us, a need to know we are headed in the right direction. We ask ourselves over and over again is this where I'm suppose to be?

The one's who ask this question the most, are the ones' who are dissatisfied with their choices. Oh don't get me wrong we all wonder if we are in the right place. Some where in the back of our minds we have imagined our lives differently.

Some folks have even gone as far as setting goals, and that isn't a bad idea for the most part. However when things don't go as planned and we all know how that happens (chuckles) Plans have a way of falling apart or taking a different direction than the ones we envisioned.

Life is funny that way, or perhaps "God has a senses of humor after all! Not that I would ever consider nor am I trying to imply that "God laughs at us! Rather that He simply reminds us of who is in control! If we veer off course He will gently redirect our steps. Its when we don't listen to that still small voice within us, that we get into trouble.

Recently as I was driving back from doing my weekly grocery shopping, I felt this overwhelming senses of peace engulf my very soul. To my surprise I found myself feeling very content, like a cat sunning herself and realizing I was very happy with the recent changes in my life.

Now I too had been like so many asking "God where do you want me? Am I heading in he right direction? Hello have You forgotten me? No "God had not forgotten me, I was just wanting the quick fix. I wanted the window of Heaven to open up and just rain down all the blessings I felt I deserved! And I wanted them now! 

What I really needed to do was wait on "God I had to learn to be patient, I had to realize "God was in control and He had to clear the path so that I could continue my journey. I was at a road block, just like the ones we see when we take a road trip. I had a few detours to go around one of them was my own pride!

Oh how that ole pride ca get in ones way and mess up a perfectly good trip! 

As I was pondering my new found feeling of peace, I asked myself what had changed to make my soul so very joyful? Why did I feel this senses of peace? I know what some are thinking why in world would you be asking this just sit back at enjoy it! I would except I am one of those gals that has to ask a ton of questions ( laughs)  I'm sure I drove my family crazy with the whys' and how come's.

The answer came to me much latter and it was while I was enjoying a good book by Joel Osteen. One  page inparticular hit home with me "Bloom Where You Are Planted" as I read this page I realized I was exactly where "God had planted me, I was where He needs me to be, so that I could bloom.

We may never know when or where "God will answer our questions or through what form nor person. I realized I had the answer and yes I am where I'm suppose to be. Will I stay planted where I'm at? Who knows' only the Master Gardener has the answer to that question.

Even the best gardeners know when to re-plant. If a plant isn't fairing well in the garden, they will place it in another spot in hopes that the roots will take, and it will flourish and grow. "God knows' when to re-plant and where we need to be. "God is a masterful gardener He has to make ready the soil; so that we can flourish and He too hopes we take root and grow.

For now I will enjoy this new found joy, and if you are in a place where you are wondering am I in the right place? Not to worry if you're not the Master Gardener will surly replant you so that you too can take root and blossom!

"God only wants to see us grow to our fullest potential, in order for us to do this we need to get out of our own way! We need to put pride on the sideline so that we can let "God do what He does best and that is take control! Once we do this we can reap the benefits and watch the windows of Heaven open and the blessings pour down. 

Are you where you're suppose to be? Are you headed in the right direction? You are if you are at peace with where your life and choices have taken you.

Psalm 37:23 "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and He delighteth in his way. (KJV)

"I Am but A Rose in His Garden" In His capable hands I am safely planted. "I Am a work in progress "God and I are working on me; when We are through I will be a masterpiece,until then I will remain on the Masters work bench.....................




All Rights Reserved:
Writer: Victoria E. Miera
Photo: Taken at the State Capital in Sacramento, Ca
Photo: From my personal album.......................................................................................... 
 

 



 





No comments:

Post a Comment