Tuesday, December 13, 2011

"The best is yet to come"

Have you ever wanted something so much, that you couldn't see past what your heart desired?

You could only focus on your desire that you couldn't understand why God wasn't answering your prayer.

How often do we listen to the answer that God is giving us when all we can see is what we want?

Do we give him thanks after we finally see clearly, that he was indeed giving us an answer.


We were just too caught up in our desires that we weren't listening, or perhaps the answer he was giving us wasn't what we wanted to hear. The latter is my guess is to why we don't move on, and  why we stay focused on our pain.

Staying focused on our pain is one way that the adversary keeps us under his control, if he can keep pushing that hurt button then we won't be able to hear the message that God is trying to send.

Oh he is a tricky one there is no doubt about that, he has been doing his job far to long that he has mastered all the tricks in the book.

It's not until we lay in a heap upon the sands of life that we fully understand what God has in store for us. Why does it take us until then before we are willing to listen?

Simple it's when we are at our lowest that we draw closer to God, before we seem to think we have it all figured out. What we seem to keep forgetting is that we don't have all the answers to life's journey.

Like any good parent God lets us try to figure it out on our own, he knows we will come to him when we find that we haven't a clue too what we are doing.

God never say's I told you so or you should have listened too me then you wouldn't be in this fix, on the contrary he opens his arms wide waiting to embrace us.

Father while laying upon the sands broken and shattered you knelt by my side
 Not a word did you speak as you gathered me in your arms
You carried me home safe in your embrace

 I laid  my head against your chest
 While the tears streamed down my face
 Not a word did you speak as you held me close
My shattered world my broken heart

You went straight to work gently wiping my tear's
With a reassuring smile upon your lips
 Not a word did you speak

 No I told you so you foolish child
 When will you listen too me

He gathered me up and carried me home
Here I lay shattered  broken and torn

The look in his eyes only reflects the love he has for me
He finally speaks I hear him say no need to fear
Child you will never walk this earth alone
With a reassuring smile a wink of his eye
 Some how I know it's gonna be alright

I was once shattered and torn laying in a heap upon the sands of life
God came along and gathered me up in his loving embrace he carried me home and here I stay.........................



All Rights Reserved
Writer: Victoria E. Miera
Photo Courtesy: Photo Bucket.com

No comments:

Post a Comment