Monday, September 10, 2012

Drops of Water

Beads of water on a plant photo courtesy of Victoria E. Miera 
















Recently I heard a sermon and it had me thinking, that's always a good sign and a testimony to the preacher that  his words have had an impact on someone, and yes there are a few souls sitting in the congregation listening to the words that you have spent hours in preparing  for your Sunday's service. Now what had my attention was the word authorization a simple word used in a phrase it was this particular word that had me thinking, how many of us give our authorization to the adversary to wreck our plans!

I know we don't intentionally give it to him we do it with out even thinking that's how sly he is!Every time we accept defeat we authorize the adversary to continue on his course of destruction never thought about it that way did you well neither did I what an eye opener. There will be times that we won't get things that we want like that job we applied for or that promotion at work but does that mean we stop applying? No we still need to do our part but what do I mean about giving permission to the adversary to wreck our plans? Simple each time we just sit back and accept things as they are we give our  authorization.

We are simply saying ok we will accept things as they are wrong that's the time we need to draw closer to the "Lord and ask him what the next step is going to be. Accepting defeat is not an option when we sit back with this oh well it is what it is attitude we are giving up. Take back your consent keep the fight going don't give power to the one who should be powerless in this case the adversary!When we dig deep with in ourselves and find that spark that sets  us on fire to fight for what we want we get motivated enough to go after them.

Yet how many times have we sat back with this I guess it wasn't meant to be attitude? Far to often I find myself doing just that but what if it wasn't a case of it wasn't meant to be? How would I know this if I don't ask the one person who has all the answers I wouldn't because I have accepted defeat and just handed over my authorization to the adversary with out thinking twice about it! Now that this has me in the thinking mode I need to be like the plant in my photo instead of letting the drops roll off I need to put them to good use we need to take those drops that have been given to us and use them to fuel the fire with in us by asking the "Lord is this part of his plan?

When we don't  and ask and we just accept it at face value we maybe loosing out on a golden opportunity, how may times in life do we ever take anything at face value? Then why do we when we loose out on that promotion as we just settle back into our routine that's the time we should be asking "God is this part of his plan is there something better in store for us in the near future. Instead we sit back and accept it with hurt feelings or an attitude. It's just my opinion that I simply think that by accepting defeat in this manner is giving up and when we give up on trying we are giving our permission away what a powerful tool that is in turn used against us!

Accepting things as they are is not part of "Gods plan for his children again my opinion I do believe that "God wants his children to move forward and not stay in one place but to grow in every area in their lives. Take the drops of water we have been given and start using them to help you grow instead of letting them roll off and fall where they may get that I can attitude and ask "God is this part of his plan don't just settle when "God himself want's the best for you is child.

When we don't change the things in life that have us upset or angry in life we are accepting life as it is and that my friend is not how "God want's his children to be living out their lives if you are in a negative frame of mind then you are not in a good place to grow!




All Rights Reserved: Give Popper Credit if used.
Writer: Victoria E. Miera
Photo from Victoria E. Miera personal album.

No comments:

Post a Comment